Why We Like The Fitz Roy Down Hooded Jacket
Both incredibly packable and toasty warm, the Fitz Roy Down Jacket is destined for single-day alpine missions where speed is essential. This midweight belay hoody is powered by 800-fill down and stuffs down into its own pocket, so no matter the destination, it makes a no-brainer addition to our pack.
- Lightweight warmth for high-octane pursuits in the backcountry
- Durable Pertex face treated to shed light moisture and dirt
- High-fill down delivers a high mission-worthy warmth-to-weight ratio
- Alpine helmet-compatible hood adjusts with a single-pull drawcord
- Elastic cuffs and adjustable hem block chills and seal in warmth
- Chest pockets easily accessible with pack or harness equipped
- Down sourced from geese that were never force-fed or live-plucked
- Item #PATZ9J7
- Responsible Collection
- Certified B-Corp, Recycled/Repurposed
- [face fabric] Pertex Quantum (100% recycled nylon), DWR coating, [lining] Pertex Quantum (10D nylon ripstop)
- 800-fill down, Advanced Global Traceable
- Fill Weight
- Center Back Length
- [x-small] 26.5in, [x-large] 32in
- fixed, adjustable
- 2 zippered hand, 2 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 1.1oz
- hiking, climbing, backcountry touring
- Manufacturer Warranty
3.5 based on 3 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 24, 2022
Not warm and doesn't fit right
Not up to the usual Patagonia quality. 800 down fill not what it used to be.
December 8, 2021
Poor hood design
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 5' 5"
I purchased the Fitz Roy jacket in hopes that it would meet my needs for shoulder-season river trips where the night temps can drop into the 20's-30's. The jacket fit well with a fuller cut to allow for layering and the sleeve and body length were perfect. The down fill is a step up from their Down Sweater Hoody which I own, but still lighter than my Rab Neutrino, which I was hoping to replace. But with layering it would have met my needs. The issue I found was with the design of the hood and the single-pull drawcord for adjustment. Fully zipped up, the collar came to the bottom of my chin. With the hood on there was a lot of open space around my face and neck because the opening is so large. Using the single-pull drawcord, I can get the hood snug around my face and chin but then the tension of the drawcord circling around the top of my head is uncomfortably tight. This isn't the case with my Down Sweater Hoody where the hood fits snugly over my chin and around my face when zipped up with only a small amount of tension on the drawcord. If there wasn't an issue with the hood design I would give this a 5-star rating. I expect more from Patagonia when designing functional outdoor gear.
October 29, 2020
Perfect Midweight Puff
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 6' 3"
I was looking for a jacket to fill the gap between the down sweater hoody and a full-on stand alone down parka. Upon inspection I can see this jacket will fill this spot perfectly - its just heavy enough to add real insulation under a shell or even be stand-alone with a decent layer below. Really like the chest pockets as they are well designed for a phone or GPS. I am 6'3 and 175 and I like the XL as it has plenty of room below should I layer and the arms are plenty long.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
August 24, 2020