Helium Down Hooded Jacket
It always helps to have a little extra protection before heading into the wilds. That's why Outdoor Research gave its Helium Down Hooded Jacket an exceptionally durable and abrasion-resistant shell as well as waterproof shoulders and a waterproof hood. And thanks to the combination of this lightweight Diamond Fuse Technology and highly packable high-fill down, you'll find yourself bringing this active insulation piece on every mountain adventure you can.
- Lightweight, packable warmth for technical alpine pursuits
- Waterpoof membrane at hood and shoulders shakes off precipitation
- Lightweight, highly durable materials fend off snags and tears
- High-loft down delivers an impressive warmth-to-weight ratio
- Mechanical stretch ensures unrestricted mobility as you belay
- Elastic finish at cuffs keeps out chilly weather
- Item #ODRZ8D1
- Responsible Collection
- Responsibly Sourced
- [membrane/laminate](hood, shoulders) Pertex Shield w/Diamond Fuse Technology (2.5-layer), [face fabric] Pertex Quantum w/Diamond Fuse Technology (100% 30D ripstop nylon), [lining] 100% 20D nylon ripstop
- 800+ goose down, responsibly sourced
- Center Back Length
- 2 zippered hand, 1 zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- casual, hiking, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 24, 2021
Hits all the requirements
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 145 lbs
So far really great for every day, plus hiking, not bulky, totally lightweight and yet warm (worn it down to -2 windchill so far). Larger hand pockets than other jackets I have (north face, patagonia) - can fit my hand, phone and gloves in one pocket alone. Shapely but not fitted (I am thin though), nice and roomy for easy movement with a nice length that covers the waist, as it hits below my hips and I am not short. Hood is overly roomy but can be adjusted. Not a deal breaker but if not zipped all the way up the zipper top cover is a bit annoying as it is difficult to hold away from your face. Can't wait for a good snow so I can test out the waterproof hood/shoulders!