Select style & size:
Find your size
Note: Actual inseam is not the same as pant inseam.How to measure
We recommend a size in this bike.
Our size calculator is a starting point for finding the right size for you. To get personal advice talk to one of our fit experts at 1.888.276.7130 or chat now
12 Sport Balance Bike
When many of us learned to ride a bike we started out with training wheels until our parents made the risky commitment of removing the training wheels and pushing us off, nervously hoping that we didn't hit a fence or parked car. These days kids have it easy, because you can start them off right with the Strider 12 Sport Balance Bike. With a Strider kick bike, you can watch your child go from sitting and walking, to sitting and striding, to full blown riding. It's revolutionized the way kids learn to ride, providing a safer and more gradual progression that naturally teaches them how to balance a bike. And the best part is you can start them off even younger, as the 12-inch wheels are perfect for toddlers, and you can adjust the seat and handlebar height to fit them properly as they grow.
Strider makes three different versions of 12in-wheeled balance bikes, with the Sport model sitting smack dab in the middle and serving as their best all-around model. While it lacks the ultra-lightweight aluminum frame of the Strider 12 Pro, it does offer several important features over the entry-level 12 Classic, such as performance footrests, no-tool assembly with easy-adjust clamps, and two sizes of seatposts that let's you adapt the bike to fit your child as they grow.
- A balance bike that helps your toddler learn to ride
- Teaches them to balance using a safer, more gradual progression
- Adjustable seatpost and handlebar height adapts the fit as they grow
- Performance footrests encourage coasting as confidence increases
- Convenient tool-free assembly and easy-adjust clamps
- Tough, reliable steel frame can handle being thrown around
- Sealed bearing wheels and flat-free foam tires require no maintenance
- Ideal for kids ranging from 18 months to 5 years old
- Item #STDA00U
- Q & A
What is the weight of this balance bike? I see the pro version is ~ 5lbs but this description doesn’t say how light this version is. Would like to compare to determine if the weight difference is worth the price.