T47 Outboard Threaded Bottom Bracket
We realize you're probably sick of hearing about the latest and greatest advancements in bottom brackets, seeing new standards are introduced practically every year. However, you'd be foolish to dismiss the recently adopted T47 threaded bottom bracket as just another standard imposed to relegate your current bottom bracket as useless. In fact, T47 presents an impressive array of benefits to the the custom frame builder and smaller bike company seeking a creak-free, precisely aligned shell boasting the extra stiffness of oversized press fit shells. This particular Wheels Mfg T47 Outboard Threaded Bottom Bracket works with frames using the T47 bottom bracket standard and accommodates a number of road and mountain bike cranksets.
Wheels Mfg offers 30-millimeter, SRAM GXP 22/24-millimeter, and Shimano 24-millimeter versions that cater to a number of different cranksets on the market. Each T47 bottom bracket is compatible with T47 bottom bracket shell widths of 68 to 100 millimeters. This particular version uses machined aluminum cups that thread together, complete with outboard bearings for smooth operation and easy replacement once worn out. Additionally, it includes a sleeve that keeps out dirt and grime, plus keeps your cables from rubbing on the crank spindle.
- T47 threaded BB eliminates creaks, maximizes stiffness
- Works exclusively with frames using T47 BB standard
- Compatible with BB shell widths of 68 to 100mm
- Machined aluminum cups thread together into T47 BB shell
- Outboard bearings for smooth operation and easy replacement
- Sleeve included to keep out dirt and grime
- Item #WHL000V
- [cups] machined aluminum, [bearings] Enduro Angular Contact
- Shell Width
- 68 - 100mm
- Claimed Weight
- [30mm] 5.5oz (155g), [SRAM GXP] 5.7oz (162g), [Shimano 24mm] 5.3oz (150g)
- Manufacturer Warranty