Select style & size:Select options
- A handy set of pliers that do so much more
- Internal body magnetically holds two master links
- Pliers are ideal for breaking and closing chains
- Sturdy construction holds up to trail use
- Compatible with 9 through 12 speed master links
- Master links not included
- Doubles as a tire lever, valve core remover, and valve stem lock nut wtench
- Item #WFC000Y
- Q & A
Non-Gimmicky All-in-One Tool
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I really like this addition to my tool kit. It's an all-in-one tool that's not gimmicky and very well made. Tire lever, quick link holder, master link pliers, valve core tool - these are all things I like to have along on rides. My only complaint is it's a bit rattly as the chainring bolt holds the 2 halves loosely. My tool kit is packed pretty tight so that hasn't bothered me but I could see it being an issue for some.
I certainly like this tool, as it's darn near impossible to get some master links apart with bare hands. However, if taking it out onto the trail for emergency fixes, you'll still need a standard chain tool unless you were lucky enough to have broken the chain at the master link. I like it for taking in my mobile tool kit, since it's nice and light and hold a couple spare master links.