Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Gravel & Cyclocross Brakes we have in stock.View Similar Products
Still going strong.
Even when road or 'cross course conditions are rapidly deteriorating, you can still corner with confidence when you have TRP's Spyre SLC Mechanical Flat Mount Disc Brake Caliper. The bite is positive and the modulation is generous, giving you just the amount of speed-scrubbing control you need to ensure you don't overcook a corner and end up in the brush.
Compared to the standard Spyre, the Spyre SLC Flat Mount's incorporation of a carbon actuation lever trims a bit of weight and actually makes for more responsive braking. The Spyre SLC Flat Mount's even braking is no doubt helped by its dual-side actuation, which lets both pads squeeze instead of leaving one fixed. Less pad wear, less rotor wear, less potential for warping—the benefits of dual-sided actuation are legion.
- Mechanical disc brakes for most drop bar levers
- Carbon actuation arm sheds grams and boosts stopping
- Dual-sided actuation reduces wear on pads and rotors
- Barrel adjuster allows for tool-free, road-side tuning
- To eliminate sponginess, we recommend compression-free housing
- Mounting hardware not included, fork mount requires FF-5 Front Flat Mount
- Item #TRP000J
- Q & A
Best Mechanical Disc brakes!
I've had several sets of these and they are by far the best mechanical disc brakes. These new flatmount brakes are have a sleek look and work great! One note, these come with ZERO mounting hardware or adapters for 160 rotors.