Select style & size:Select options
Still going strong.
Even when road or 'cross course conditions are rapidly deteriorating, you can still corner with confidence when you have TRP's Spyre SLC Mechanical Flat Mount Disc Brake Caliper. The bite is positive and the modulation is generous, giving you just the amount of speed-scrubbing control you need to ensure you don't overcook a corner and end up in the brush.
Compared to the standard Spyre, the Spyre SLC Flat Mount's incorporation of a carbon actuation lever trims a bit of weight and actually makes for more responsive braking. The Spyre SLC Flat Mount's even braking is no doubt helped by its dual-side actuation, which lets both pads squeeze instead of leaving one fixed. Less pad wear, less rotor wear, less potential for warping—the benefits of dual-sided actuation are legion.
- Mechanical disc brakes for most drop bar levers
- Carbon actuation arm sheds grams and boosts stopping
- Dual-sided actuation reduces wear on pads and rotors
- Barrel adjuster allows for tool-free, road-side tuning
- To eliminate sponginess, we recommend compression-free cable housing
- Item #TRP000J