Select Style & Size
105 FD-R7000 Front Derailleur
While 1x has pretty much become the go-to drivetrain choice for mountain bikers and is becoming the preferred 'cross and gravel set up too, double chainrings still rule on the road. One reason the front derailleur has fallen out of fashion with the off-road set is the added complexity and difficulty in set up, however, on the road, we still want a wide ratio of gearing options with small steps between the cogs as to not disrupt our cadence. This simply isn't possible with one ring and with excellent options like the 105 FD-R7000 Front Derailleur from Shimano offering up an easy install and adjustments and smooth, light shifting, even under a load, it ensures that two rings and a front derailleur will be on road bikes for some time to come.
This 105 derailleur features trickle down technology that we're used to seeing from Shimano's higher-tiered Ultegra and Dura-Ace groups including a redesigned cage that's optimized for road bikes with the wider rear dropout spacing utilized for disc brakes along with shorter chainstays. It also accommodates more frame cable routing options and the integrated cable tension adjustment screw makes for easy adjustments.
- Shimano's budget-friendly 11-speed front road derailleur
- Technology trickled down from Dura-Ace provides smooth, quiet performance
- Durable construction provides years of worry-free shifting
- Cage works with 46-53t sprockets and a 16t chainring differential
- Compatible with 105 R7000, Ultegra R8000, and Dura-Ace R9100 mechanical drivetrains
- Item #SHI00KN
- [clamp] aluminum, [cage] steel
- Pull Type
- Clamp, Braze-On
- [top gear teeth] 46 - 53t, [total gear capacity] 16t
- Shimano 11-speed road
- Claimed Weight
- [Braze-On] 95g, [Clamp-On] 111g
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
June 18, 2020
Can I use Ultegra 8000 crankset with 105 7000 Front Deraileur?