New name, same DNA.
Salomon didn't set out to reinvent the wheel with its Women's XA Elevate Trail Running Shoe. Instead, it took what worked with is popular XA Pro and shaved a few grams from the equation for a more lightweight feel—without sacrificing protection in the process. The most noticeable change is the Elevate's low-profile upper, which utilizes Salomon's tried-and-true SensiFit support system, albeit hidden beneath a layer of breathable mesh. Salomon's Advanced Chassis system also makes an appearance to lock your heel into place for added security during long, technical descents. A decoupled TPU rock plate protects your foot from root- and rock-covered trails and allows your foot to flex naturally for a feel similar to your favorite road running shoe.
- Lightweight version of Salomon's popular XA Pro shoe
- Low-profile upper reduces weight and increases breathability
- Hidden Sensifit technology cradles foot for support
- Decoupled, flexible rock plate defends against trail debris
- Contragrip sole with aggressive tread pattern for loose trails
- Quick-pull lace system offers a secure fit that wont come undone
- Item #SAL015V
- Q & A
XA Elevate - Grip and stability
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I work for Salomon, and truly love these shoes. I first tried these shoes on a long, rocky, run in the Wasatch (with lots of scrambling), and didn't feel a single poke of a rock. Checkout the video for more details!