Why We Like The DAS Light Hooded Jacket
Whether we’re gearing up for a day-long alpine hike, bouldering with friends, or have our sights set on loftier goals, we bring the Patagonia DAS Light Hoody to act as our lightweight, packable, mountain-weather barrier. Billed as an essential piece to have in your alpine duffle, the DAS uses warm PlumaFill synthetic insulation that is covered by DWR-treated, 10-denier nylon ripstop fabric that resists abrasions as well as messy weather. We appreciate that the DAS weighs in at only 11.3 ounces and features minimal stitching and an adjustable, helmet-compatible hood. Stash and handwarmer pockets bring extended utility and creature comforts while you're far from home, and the Fair Trade Certified seal and fully-recycled polyester weave help warm your eco-conscious soul.
- Ultralight insulated hoody for vertical mountain ascents
- Weather resistant ripstop fabric holds up to alpine climates
- PlumaFill insulation is Fair Trade sewn from recycled polyester
- Packable when the intensity climbs or the clouds begin to thin
- Helmet-compatible hood and internal wind flap for belay loop access
- Slim-fitting cuffs reduce bunching and snagging
- Item #PATZ9J3
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] 10-D 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Endurance, PU dry coating, DWR treatment, [lining] 10-D 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum, DWR treatment
- 65g PlumaFill 100% recycled polyester
- Center Back Length
- [medium] 30.5in
- insulated, alpine-helmet-compatible, pull cord adjustment
- [external] 1 chest zippered, 2 handwarmer zippered
- [internal] wind flap
- Claimed Weight
- backpacking, casual, hiking, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
3.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly LargeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 14, 2020
Nice enough jacket
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
- 6' 3"
I wore this jacket today for the first time in 40 degree weather. Although it feels a bit flimsy it kept me warm. The hood has a nice fit with or without a hat. The side pockets are in a good location for hand warming and are fairly deep. There?s better coats at $329 than the DAS light but it?s nice enough. I wouldn?t buy another, though. Not enough warmth. The Patagonia Fitz Roy is a much nicer, warmer coat for only $70 more..
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help