Select style & size:Select options
Get a grip.
Securing bike parts in a vise is without a doubt a great way to lock things into place when you're wrenching away on your bike, but it can be a little tricky when you're trying to secure a round object in a square hold. Fortunately Park Tool has you covered with the Axle and Spindle Vise Inserts - AV-5. It slides into your vise, securing with magnets to hold it in place, and a variety of jaw openings ranging from 5mm to 36mm, plus a jaw opening for safely holding hydraulic tubing and Park Tool Freewheel Removers.
- An insert for working with round components in a vise
- Various openings range from 5-to-36mm diameter
- Insert is magnetic for a no-slip fit in vise
- 1in hex jaw is compatible with Park Tool freehweel removers
- Made from extruded aluminim for lightweight durability
- Item #PAR008G
- Q & A
Great tool for hub maintenance
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
It is always hard working on hubs because you need a 3 hands. 1 to hold the wheel and 2 to do the work. This hub vice holds the axle spindle of the hub allowing you to have both hand free to work on the hub. Please note you need a vice to use this tool. I like the c-clamp type because you don't need a huge vice to work on bike equipment and it stores when you are done with it.