990v5 Specialty Running Shoe
Sometimes the classics are the classics for a reason, like with New Balance 990 shoe. Not only has this shoe been a staple of training runs, gym sessions, and everyday activities since the 1980s, but it's received very few updates in the process. The newest version, the 990v5 Specialty Running Shoe, continues on the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" train, offering minimal updates while maintaining the same vintage look that's beloved by sneakerheads and soccer moms alike.
The pigskin upper now features larger mesh zones for greater breathability during gym workouts and neighborhood walks, and the Encap midsole has been given a touch more cushioning towards the heel to absorb landing impact when you run. A "power strap" around the back of the ankle adds some lateral support if you use this shoe during high-intensity interval workouts, while the foam collar and Ortholite footbed ensure lots of plush and luxurious comfort no matter what the day's activities bring. Meanwhile, blown rubber on the outsole delivers road-ready traction and durability, and 360-degree reflectivity keeps you visible when you want to cap off your day with a sunset run.
- Comfortable shoe for morning jogs and long days on your feet
- Encap cushioning provides soft underfoot comfort and all-day support
- Updated upper features larger mesh zones for greater breathability
- Pigskin upper fabric delivers vintage style and durability
- Supportive ankle area adds stability during lateral movements
- Blown rubber outsole is super durable for endless activities
- Reflective elements keep you visible on low-light morning runs
- Item #NEW011B