Select style & size:Select options
Assegai Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire
If you asked us several years back what the best tire is for aggressive trail riding and gravity racing, chances are a lot of us would say the Maxxis Minion. But after spending some time on the Assegai Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire, we may have just found our new favorite. It's the signature tire of World Cup Champion Greg Minnaar, and offers predictable traction on any trail surface. The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but provide enough support to maintain confidence over wet rocks and roots without squirming under load. Like the Minion, the center knobs are heavily ramped to help reduce rolling resistance, but the addition of a small knob between the center tread and side knobs provides a smoother transition while cornering. This smart tread pattern is combined with Maxxis' tackiest rubber compound, 3C MaxxGrip, resulting in a tire that is built to go fast and find grip in places there shouldn't be.
- A decidedly grippy tire for aggressive trail riding in mixed terrain
- Tall knobs dig deep to find traction, all without sacrificing stability
- Tread pattern offers a super smooth cornering transition
- 3C MaxxGrip is Maxxis' tackiest rubber compound for maximum grip
- EXO+ resists flats better than EXO, but weighs less than Double Down
- Wide Trail casing is optimized for 30 - 35mm internal width rims
- Item #MXXE01G
- Q & A
Just Send It!!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
If you are looking for your new front tire, look no further!! OK so I was looking for a tire to really aid in cornering on the downhill and still roll well on the uphill. This tire has preformed well above what I thought it was going to. I was on the Minion DHR II (stock from Santa Cruz), but I have also ran the DHF on another bike. The Assegai is truly an exciting tire to have in front of you.
The only thing I am worried about is faster wear, but the tire is a bit softer compound and this, I believe, is what makes the tire so great.
So buy one if you are looking for a new front tire!
Have fun friends
How much does this version weigh?