Why We Like The Assegai Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire
If you asked us several years back what the best tire is for aggressive trail riding and gravity racing, chances are a lot of us would say the Maxxis Minion. But after spending some time on the Assegai Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire, we may have just found our new favorite. It's the signature tire of many athletes on the World Cup circuit, and offers predictable traction on any trail surface.
The tall knobs punch through dust and loam to find traction, but provide enough support to maintain confidence over wet rocks and roots without squirming under load. Like the Minion, the center knobs are heavily ramped to help reduce rolling resistance, but the addition of a small knob between the center tread and side knobs provides a smoother transition while cornering. The MaxxGrip tire compound is our top recommendation for riding in damp conditions or on slickrock slabs, while the MaxxTerra compound offers enhanced longevity for bike park laps and dusty conditions.
- Decidedly grippy tire for aggressive trail riding in mixed terrain
- Tall knobs dig deep to find traction, all without sacrificing stability
- Tread pattern offers a super smooth cornering transition
- 3C MaxxGrip is Maxxis' tackiest rubber compound for maximum grip
- EXO+ resists flats better than EXO, but weighs less than Double Down
- Wide Trail casing is optimized for 30 - 35mm internal width rims
- Item #MXXE01G
- 3C MaxxTerra
- 29 x 2.5in
- tubeless ready
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 7.7oz (1125g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- trail, enduro
- Manufacturer Part Number
- TB00202900, TB00172500, TB00308100
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
May 13, 2020