Why We Like The FSA SL-K SCR Stem
When you're after rigid support without the carbon fiber price tag, look to the FSA. This rigid stem combines 3D forging with CNC machining to capture stiffness near the same levels you'd find with carbon and titanium, all the while keeping the weight as low as possible. The stem is built with 2014 aluminum, and uses a process that starts with one ingot of aluminum that is bored out and shaped internally; ultimately improving the aluminum's grain structure, eliminating the use of welds, and drastically reducing weight. The benefits to you are a heightened stiffness, with weight comparable to carbon fiber, at a considerably lower cost. To maintain the flow of weight savings, the SL-K uses a carbon fiber face plate with chromoly hardware.
- A stiff and rigid stem without the carbon-fiber price
- 3D forging elevates strength and shaves excess material
- High-tech CNC machining makes for precise construction
- 2014 aluminum is high-strength and featherweight
- Carbon-fiber face plate offers a lightweight finish
- Chromoly steel hardware is reliable and strong
- Item #FSAD128
- CNC machined AL2014 alloy
- 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm
- 6 degrees
- Clamp Diameter
- Steer Tube Diameter
- 1 1/4, 1 1/8 (included adapter)
- Bar Attachment
- 4 bolt
- Claimed Weight
- [100mm] 5oz (141g)
- top cap, steer tube adapter, spacer for 1 1/4 and 1 1/8
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
3 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
June 11, 2022
Not designed for 11/8 steerer
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
This stem is designed for 11/4 steerers, and then comes with a shim for 11/8. If you don't mind shims that's fine, but I prefer a stem made for 11/8 steerer, and this is not it. The writeup does not tell you this, so you will get a nasty surprise like I did.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help