Select style & size:Select options
Reach the apex.
No matter what you're climbing, if an ice axe is on your gear list, then you'd better bring a damn good one. A lot of ski mountaineers take more traditional tools while ice and mixed climbers rely on the modern axe's curved design. Both options are generally more awkward to use outside their own specific sport, with an exception to DMM's Apex Ice Tool. Whether you're climbing ice in Ouray, making mixed magic in Maple, or ascending Utah's Pfeifferhorn, the Apex Ice Tool's precise balance and light weight assure a natural performance. Radically curved, the Apex certainly falls under the modern category, except less weight and the dual handrests certainly help you reach the summit no matter how you're climbing.
- Balanced ice tool for steep ice, mountain routes, and mixed climbs
- Radically curved angle assures a natural swing over bulges
- One-piece, T-rated picks designed for ice and mixed
- Hot-forged handle with grip tape for customization
- Dual handrests for leashless climbing
- Item #DMM001W