Our Ski & Ride Guide—
Select a size:
Why We Like The Alpine Start Hooded Jacket
The Black Diamond Alpine Start Hooded Jacket helps us keep wind and light rain at arm's length. We slip it on when the gusts come out to play, and the climbing-specific gussets keep our arms moving freely even as its nylon face blocks the wind.
The Schoeller softshell fabric is highly breathable, so you can hike fast and climb hard, and the jacket is treated with Nanosphere technology, making the stretch fabric resistant to both moisture and dirt. Weighing even less than before, it can be easily stowed into its own pocket when the sun comes out, letting you clip it to your harness or stuff it into a pack.
- Softshell jacket for inclement weather on the crag or trail
- Underarm gussets offer performance mobility
- DWR treatment sheds dirt and light rain
- Stretchy cuffs and drawcord hem seal out the chill
- Adjustable hood can be popped up for extra weather protection
- Lightweight design packs down into its own pocket
- Slim fit keeps bulk out of your way as you climb
- Item #BLD00Q6
4.5 based on 17 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.