Why We Like The Wolf Tooth Components B-RAD Mounting Base
Wolf Tooth Component's B-RAD Mounting Base provides an ingenious solution for trail riders, gravel seekers, and urban commuters seeking on-frame storage for water bottles, spare tubes, and accessories. The Mounting Base is the first step required before attaching Wolf Tooth's separately available Accessory Mounts and Bottle Adapters. It's available in either two, three, or four-slot versions for customizing the storage potential of your frame.
We think it's a great idea, especially for smaller frames and full-suspension machines where clearance is limited, normally forcing you to adopt non-traditional methods of attaching a water bottle, like on the underside of your downtube. These other methods of bottle attachment often lead to awkward placement and aren't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing. Realizing this, Wolf Tooth created the B-RAD system to shift the location of water bottles and storage straps out of the way, so they don't come into contact with your piggyback shocks or tight frame clearances.
The B-RAD Mounting Base attaches to virtually any modern bike, so long as it uses a standard 64-millimeter bottle cage braze-on.
- Nifty solution for customizing storage of your bike frame
- Mounting Base is the first required step of the B-RAD system
- Available in two, three, or four slot versions for custom fit
- Additional Bottle Mounts and Accessory Straps sold separately
- Great for full-suspension and small frames with tight clearances
- Attaches directly to 64 millimeter bottle cage braze-ons
- Includes mounting brackets and stainless steel hardware
- Support pad with zip ties included (B-RAD 3 and 4 only)
- Item #WFC000H
- [brackets] 6061-T6 aluminum, [hardware] stainless steel, [support pad] neoprene, zip ties (B-RAD 2 and 3 only)
- compatible with 64mm bottle cage braze-ons (virtually every modern frame)
- commuting, enduro, gravel, trail
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
May 9, 2023
An Excellent Cargo Improvement!
- I've put it through the wringer
Highly recommend these as a way to turn non-standard spacing mounting holes into standard ones or to simply expand and improve your cargo capacity! I use mine every day to mount a U-Lock (with an additional cage) and have used them a dozen times for bikepacking adventures on all kinds of terrain. I have trusted them with loads of ~10 lbs on very rocky, bouncy terrain and have had no issues. Keep an eye on bolt tightness though! keep them tight during multi-day rides and between adventures!
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help