There's something about hammocks.
Your backpacking trip is just an excuse to lounge in a hammock all weekend long, and Western Mountaineering's SlingLite Hammock Underquilt lets you extend your lounges through the night. Unfortunately, your beloved hammock pushes insulation out of the bottom of standard sleeping bags so your back stays cold. Fortunately, Western Mountaineering designed the SlingLite slides under the hammock so your back stays nice and toasty all night long. This bag's down boasts a phenomenal weight-to-loft ratio of 850-fill, meaning it's surprisingly warm for how little it weighs. Side clips make this bag compatible with any hammock that has gathered ends, and elastic drawcords on both ends cinch out the cold.
- Hammock-compatible underquilt for camping and backpacking
- 850-fill down insulation has an excellent weight-to-loft ratio
- Side clips attache to hammocks with gathered ends
- Elastic drawcords on both ends secure the fit
- Item #WES001A
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Oh my. This underquilt smells like the dead goose/duck is in the pack. What the heck. Yes, it worked as advertised but it was difficult to sleep with the smell omitted. It never got wet either. Am I supposed to air this out for months in advance of use?