Ready for the roughest nights in the wild.
All the down in the world is still practically useless without proper weather protection when raging storms and soggy conditions abound. That's why Western Mountaineering equipped the Sequoia GWS 5 Degree Down Sleeping Bag with a Gore Windstopper fabric that halts heat-robbing moisture and gusts in their tracks. Ready for water-logged campsites in the North Cascades and howling nights in the Rockies alike, the Sequoia GWS offers below-freezing warmth and maximum weather protection for rugged nights in the alpine and below treeline.
- Handles cold, wet climates with aplomb
- Down insulation is light and compressible
- Gore Windstopper fabric repels wind and water
- Continuous baffles allow you to adjust fill
- Zips all the way out to lie flat
- Insulated collar for full-length warmth
- Semi-rectangular shape for warmth, compactness, and comfort
- Western Mountaineering bags are made in the USA
- Item #WES000S
- Q & A
Warm and comfy
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
My first trip out with this bag - Lassen Volcanic National Park with a my Boy Scout Troop - I am an ASM. This bag was warm and comfy even in 15 degree night. I normally need to sleep in multi-layers, but with this bag, there was no need, also, no cold air sneaking in through zipper or around neck. And one of the other great things - as a semi-rectangular, I could actually move around. Slept too well - did not want to get up. Thank you BackCountry and Thank you Western Mountaineering - and most of all thank you Sweetie (my wife) who bought it for me.