Built for the long haul.
A product of its Colorado upbringing, the Topo Designs Mountain Daypack brings together stylish color-pops, rugged build-quality, and functional storage for everything from daily hikes through the foothills to far-flung travel to exotic locales. This mid-sized daypack features an oversized, U-shaped main compartment for easy-access to the extra layers, reading materials, important documents, and electronics residing inside. The pack's internal sleeve safely clutches your 15-inch laptop as you commute to work or stroll to the neighborhood café. Additionally, you'll find a quick-access front panel for quickly stashing daily necessities, as well as side pockets for holding up to 32-ounce water bottles.
- Oversized, U-shaped zippered main compartment
- Water bottle side pockets (hold 32-ounce bottles)
- Internal 15-inch laptop sleeve
- Zippered front panel
- Padded shoulder straps & back panel
- Adjustable sternum strap & waist belt
- Daisy chain webbing & YKK zippers
- Heavy-duty plastic hardware
- Made in the USA
- Item #TPO0020
- Q & A
Could use a little more structure
I wanted to use this bag for weekend trips and riding around town on my bike. Construction seems great, nice burly YKK zippers, good stitching and HD cordura. Clamshell opening is awesome for packing as is bright colored inner liner. Two things let it down for me.
1. The straps weren't all that nice when compared to the excellent quality of the rest of the bag. They felt somewhat flimsy and uncomfortable and for me personally, they were placed too close together at the top.
2. The pack does not hold it's shape even with careful packing (packing cubes) I think a more structured back panel would remedy the problem.
So bottom line, I'm going to try something else but I will definitely be a buyer if topo does a few minor tweaks.
customer loved this pack
I had a customer who got back to me about this pack. He needed it to fit a 17 inch macbook. He said it definitely fit and that he loves the pack.