Authority 28L Laptop Pack
When it comes to backpacks and messenger bags, you can question Timbuk2's authority, but it won't get you very far. With superior fabrics and construction, built to be just shy of bombproof, it's no surprise that their designers make bags that are some of the most coveted by travelers and bike messengers alike. If you'd like to question Timbuk2 Authority Laptop backpack, you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised by all of the features packed into this 28 liter bag.
Starting with the construction, the Authority is made from durable 400D fabrics that are happy to let water roll right off. Compression straps keep things fitting snug, so your load can't shift on you when you're running through airports or rolling into sharp corners on your bike. A large main compartment is an easy spot to stow your books or jacket, and a top access laptop sleeve will keep your technology secure. There may be more pockets than you know what to do with right out of the gates, but you'll find with time that you just may be the most organized traveler when you've got a go-to location for everything from passport to ear buds and snacks.
- A durable and pocket laden pack for traveling and commuting
- Compression straps secure your load from shifting
- Protect your technology in a super-padded laptop sleeve
- Large main compartment happily hosts jackets or books
- So many accessories pockets, you may be overwhelmed at first
- Reflective accents and vista loop for attaching light
- Keep the bag secure, or don't, with removable sternum strap
- Item #TBK006E
- [moss, fog] 600D polyester, [jet black static] 400D polyester, [jet black, surplus, nautical] 400D nylon, coated
- 28L (1709cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- front panel, back panel, top
- mesh side, 2 external zippered accessory, assorted internal organization
- Laptop Sleeve
- 11.4 x 18.1 5.9in
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 6.4oz
- Recommended Use
- casual, travel
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 5, 2018
Amazing number of pockets
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I purchased this backpack for work. Our office is pretty casual, so I thought a classy black backpack would be just the ticket--and it totally is. The laptop sleeve is super padded (to the point where when I opened the package, I thought there was an extra foam insert). The zippers are super high quality and really smooth, and the straps are very comfortable. The only thing that is a little bit of a bummer is the size of the water bottle side pocket. It is definitely not made for a full-size Nalgene or Hydroflask. Much better for a narrow water bottle.
October 6, 2017
If your work requires a lot of stuff and you like order but prefer not to look too stuffy, put the Authority on your back. It's a bring-the-office-with-you bag; pockets big and small makes sense of everything your day job and side gig require. And it feels good thanks to the backpack straps and a super cush grab handle. Pair that with a beautiful base fabric, tuck-away sternum straps, and an air mesh back panel that keeps your dress shirt dry, and you can dork out on the inside and be cool and collected on the outside.