X01 Eagle 12-Speed Chain
With the amount of nail-biting concern over chain strength that accompanied 11-speed drivetrains, SRAM had its work cut out to create the even thinner X01 Eagle 12-Speed Chain 12-speed Chain. In true SRAM style, the company met this challenge head-on and redefined chain construction along the way. The final product is a chain that's 0.35mm narrower to accommodate that extra cog, with the strength to withstand trail shredding abuse and the smooth-shifting accuracy we expect from high-end systems.
The Eagle chain starts out with even flatter sheets than standard chains and goes through an unprecedented 37 steps to develop each plate. This results in precisely shaped pin holes that let the pin sit flush with the plate for increased security and durability.
SRAM incorporates its Smooth Link technology, which removes the inner face chamfers that were used to help facilitate front chainring shifts. This leaves a smooth plate face that moves across the cogs quietly and reduces chainring wear in its ability to avoid trapping mud against the moving surfaces. It also adds a Hard Chrome treatment to the rollers and inner plates to further resist wear and promote durability.
- A 12-speed chain that redefines 1x drivetrain functionality
- Smooth Link technology quiets the ride and reduces chainring wear
- Hard Chrome treatment increases durability
- Precision engineered for exceptional longevity
- Works exclusively with SRAM Eagle drivetrain components
- Item #SRM009Y
- [outer plate] nickel, [inner plate] chrome plated
- Eagle PowerLock PVD
- Compatible Components
- SRAM XX1 Eagle drivetrains, SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrains
- Claimed Weight
- 9.2oz (262g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years