How Do I Return or Exchange an Order?Make a Return
New, unused gear can be returned at any time for a full refund to your original method of payment. If the original method of payment is unavailable, we will issue your refund in the form of store credit. Used gear must be returned within 30 days of delivery and may only be refunded in the form of store credit.
- New, unused gear must be returned in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging, including manufacturer tags where applicable.
- Used and undamaged gear, bikes, or bike frames will be issued store credit in the form of credits applied to your Backcountry account. We will not accept the return of products damaged due to negligence or abuse.
Please take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
If you feel that your gear is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact our Warranty Department.
- Store credits issued for returned products will expire one year from the date of issuance.
- All other store credits expire 90 days from issuance, including credits issued by a Gearhead or as part of a promotion.
Orders older than 30 days: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure you have a valid warranty issue and to help get it resolved as quickly as possible please make sure your email and item falls within the following guidelines.
- Item displays a manufacturer defect. Therefore it is not damaged as a result of natural wear and tear or accidents resulting in broken gear.
- Please provide as much detail as possible in your email. Include the order number, purchase date, product brand, and a brief description of the issue. Most importantly please attach photos of the item including the defective area. Requests must have pictures included in order to be processed.
- Keep in mind some vendors will require you to deal with them directly on your claim
Orders under 30 days: Contact customer service at 1-800-409-4502
Bike Orders: Please email email@example.com
Exchanges & Return Numbers (RMAs)
Sometimes you need to exchange a product for something else—it happens. Exchanges on Backcountry only require a few minutes and an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. You can create an RMA from an order in your Order History or contact a Gearhead to help you make one.
The fastest way to exchange a product is to return your original purchase and place a new order at the same time. Immediately placing a new order ensures that you’ll get the new product quickly and that it won’t go out of stock while you wait for an exchange. Just make an RMA, place a new order, and return your original item. You’ll receive a full refund for items returned in new, unused condition and store credit (issued in the form of credits applied to your account) for the return of used product. Refunds and credits are issued as soon as your return is received by our Returns Department.
Call or chat with a Gearhead in our Customer Services Department if you’d prefer to make an exchange without setting up a new order.
With a Prepaid Label
To make shipping a return even easier, we offer a flat-rate $6.99 UPS shipping label for eligible U.S. customers returning products that don’t need to ship freight.* You’ll have the option to print this label after creating an RMA number for a return or exchange, or you can receive the label in an email after a Gearhead generates an RMA for you.
Print your label, tape it to the outside of your return package, and drop it off at a UPS store at your convenience. The $6.99 price for the label will be deducted from the refund or credits issued for the return of your new or used items.
*Products required to ship freight may include: kayaks, surfboards, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, and more. Label price may vary during promotional periods.
Without a Prepaid Label
To return products without a $6.99 UPS label:
- Create an RMA from your Order History or contact a Gearhead to have one created for you.
- Fill out the information requested on the sales receipt that arrived with your purchase. This receipt also serves as paperwork necessary for your return. Include the RMA and drop this receipt in your return package.
- Write the RMA on the outside of your package.
- Ship your return to this address:
2607 South 3200 West Suite A
West Valley City, UT 84119
It takes 3–5 business days to process a return after it arrives at our distribution center. You’ll receive an email confirmation when your return is received. Make a Return