X Ultra 3 GTX Wide Hiking Shoe
Whether they're runners or boots, Salomon's footwear always has a speed-oriented, thoughtful design, and the Men's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Shoe is certainly no exception. The X Ultra is supportive and lightweight, with an Advanced Chassis that stabilizes the lightweight, breathable upper to keep you moving on the trail like you weren't carrying such a heavy backpack. Salomon backed this X Ultra with Gore-Tex Performance Comfort for reliable waterproofing and amplified breathability for trekkers who really like to move through wet weather in search of sunnier skies.
- Highspeed hikers for adventurers with slightly wider feet
- Quicklace closure keeps your foot in place quickly and easily
- Synthetic upper fights off moisture while remaining breathable
- Gusseted tongue keeps debris out and the tongue centered
- EnergyCell midsole provides cushion and support to reduce fatigue
- Grippy outsole can handle any conditions to keep you focused
- Item #SAL01LK
- Q & A
Doesn't last for long haul
Bought these for my son 3 years ago. After each summer of hiking had to replace the ridiculously constructed laces. Last summer, one of the fabric loops on the first "rung" of laces wore through. This summer, 3 more had worn through, and now the shoes cannot be laced up adequately. Warranty is not adequate.
As a Salomon employee, the X Ultra is one of my go-to hiking shoes. The low is a great option when I feel like i'm not carrying a heavy pack, and don't feel like I need extra ankle support. The grip and stability is perfect for evening walks on the backyard trails, or longer more technical hikes.
Watch the below video for more info!