X Alpine Pro Trail Running Shoe
By running on the trails you're already pretty far off the beaten path, but you're the kind of runner who likes to get even farther away. When your efforts to find some solitude take you to steep and rocky mountain trails, the Salomon X Alpine Pro Trail Running Shoe is the one you'll want to have along for the ride. With a focus on durability and traction, this shoe is more than ready for your most rugged runs. The durable Contragrip TA rubber outsole provides steady traction in all conditions, from wet to dry and from hard-packed to loose, while special climbing zone lugs under the forefoot deliver targeted grip when you're up on your toes pushing your way up steep summit pitches. There's also a Carbon Edging Chassis that lends the shoe some stability on loose and rocky terrain, so no matter what the trail throws your way you'll be able to handle it.
The construction of the shoe places an emphasis on the durability you need to scramble on upper-mountain slopes and charge through overgrown forest trails. The upper has been reinforced in high-wear areas to resist abrasion from rocks and branches, while a protective toe cap guards the forefoot from unexpected encounters with rocks and roots. Responsive midsole cushioning keeps your stride cushioned and energized from start to finish, and the tandem of the Quicklace adjustment system and snug Sensifit upper design gives you the supportive fit you need to thrive in rocky, technical, and uneven terrain.
- High-performance trail shoe designed for technical mountain trails
- Outsole features special climbing zone for traction on steep ascents
- Contragrip rubber maintains grip in variable surface conditions
- Carbon Edging Chassis provides stability on loose and rocky terrain
- Durable upper withstands abrasions on rocky and overgrown trails
- Quicklace adjustment delivers a supportive fit on uneven surfaces
- Responsive midsole cushioning keeps you going on long runs
- Protective toe cap guards your forefoot in rugged areas
- Item #SAL01PH