Sense Ride GTX Invisible Fit Trail Running Shoe
When the forecast is calling for rain, you don't need to turn to the treadmill to get your run in. Simply slip into the Salomon Sense Ride GTX Invisible Fit Trail Running Shoe, tighten up the Quicklace system with one pull, and head for your favorite trails. Your socks and feet will stay dry with the innovative Gore Invisible Fit that is integrated into the upper instead of the traditional bootie construction that regular Gore-Tex shoes are assembled with. This makes the shoe feel more like traditional mesh while still offering that 100% waterproof, breathable protection for more comfort through more conditions.
Aside from waterproof protection, the Sense Ride uses a combination of EnergyCell+ and compressed EVA to create their Vibe technology that absorbs impact and provides a more responsive ride. This durable, cushioned midsole works with an Ortholite footbed that wicks moisture and cushions as well to keep your feet and joints happy as you log miles. To finish it all off, a Premium Wet Traction Contagrip sole allows you to confidently push your limits on wet, dry, sloppy, or loose trails so you can get out and run in comfort no matter the conditions.
- Waterproof trail shoe for comfort on runs through wet conditions
- 8mm drop offers perfect height for those who are midfoot strikers
- Upper integrated Gore Invisible Fit blocks moisture for dry socks
- Sensifit mesh uppers offer breathable, secure fit for the trails
- Ortholite footbed enhances breathability and wicks moisture
- High-rebound midsole offers durable cushioning and energy return
- Vibe technology both absorbs impact and delivers a responsive ride
- Rubber soles offer exceptional traction across wet and dry surfaces
- Item #SAL01A3
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I have narrow size 8.5 feet and the Salomon size 8.5 are slightly large in the toe box but fine with thicker socks and my orthotics. The tread is grippy and had no trouble on slippery mud and snow. There is a moderate amount of cushion in the soles.
Best in Waterproof Breathability
The Invisible Fit gives you the best breathability available in any trail shoe. Rather than having a waterproof bootie built into the shoe, Invisible Fit is actually laminated to the shoes upper. This improves breathability, cuts down on weight and allows the shoe to dry faster.