Wherever you want.
Your backpacking destination could be up a casual trail near a nice lake, or it could be up a massive ice wall near the summit. Wherever you're backpacking, the Salewa Men's Rapace GTX Boot will help you get there. Its waterproof Gore-Tex Performance Comfort boasts enhanced breathability ratings to keep your foot comfy in warmer, drier conditions as well as wet, cold weather. The Vibram Mulaz sole features semi-automatic crampon compatibility so you can step on slippery stones or climb up ice walls confidently.
- Burly backpacking boot with a mountaineering mindset
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort for waterproof, breathable protection
- 3F System balances flexibility and support
- Abrasion-resistant aramid upper with leather reinforcements
- Adaptive Foam wraps your heel in memory foam for a customized feel
- Climbing lacing assures a snug, secure fit
- MFF+ footbed attenuates shock, assures cush, and provides support
- Vibram Mulaz rubber sole with semi-automatic crampon compatibility
- Item #SFW003Y
- Q & A
Does a bear **** in the woods??
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 11.5
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 195lbs
Should you buy these??
The answer to both questions is yes! I like these boots a lot. They are very lightweight, comfortable, and giving great support. I have put them to the test on some long days with heavy packs. Out of the box, I took them on a 6 mile, one way, backpacking trip and had no issues with blisters or discomfort. On the second or third trip with them, I had only one issue, and that was the ball of my feet starting to hurt after long hours hiking in them. I think this was a my problem and not an issue with the boot though. I have since put some new soles in them and I have not had any issues since. I have taken them on some serious rock scrambles and screes without any issues at all as well. I also love that they semi-auto crampon compatible too! I had no issues fitting them with my crampons.
I would certainly recommend these boots. I did have to go up a half size from my normal boot size, though my foot is wider than average.
Feel free to reach out directly with any questions at all!
Nice light boots
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 150lbs
I did return these because of fit. They are more narrow in the footbed/toes than the Scarpa boots. This could be good or bad for you, it's bad for me. They also seem to have a slightly raised heel which I notice-- I run in altra's though so again, you may not notice this.