Select style & size:Select options
Head for the sea.
- Fly reel ideal for bigger game in saltwater
- Machined in the USA from aluminum alloy
- Sealed drag for better power-to-weight ratio
- Larger arbor for more efficient line management
- Easy right to left hand retrieve conversion
- Anodized finish stands up to salt water
- Item #RSS000O
- Q & A
Beautiful Pike/Bass/Redfish Reel
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Evolution R is one of the best designed and beautiful trout reels on the market. The Evolution R Salt is similarly a work of art but when you are chasing big game likely to send line screaming off the reel, adjusting the drag in real time can be a tricky affair to make sure you don't get your finger tips caught against the spinning inside reel.
For fast moving fish like tarpon, false albacore, tuna, bonefish, etc. I would stick with a reel with a sealed panel or a drag adjustment bumped back further from the inside reel to make fast adjustments on drag.
For bigger fresh water fish like pike, muskie, bass and slower moving salt water fish like stripers or redfish, this is still one of the best and elegantly designed reels on the market.