Built for big wall climbers.
- Rab's lightest softshell jacket available for big wall climbing
- Matrix fabric is stretchy and resistant to wind and rain
- Slim fit eliminates excess bulk and keeps you moving quickly
- Hood is under-helmet compatible for safe climbing
- Stretchy cuffs and adjustable hem customizes your protection
- Reflective branding enhances your visibility
- Built-in UPF 50+ defends against UV rays
- Napoleon chest zippered pockets are mesh-lined for ventilation
- Item #RAB00H2
- Q & A
Sweet Little Layer
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 145lbs
Really impressed with the versatility thus far. Moves with you like your shadow and packs down super small. Not much of a climber (yet) so I plan on using this as my go-to trekking shell here in the arid west and also as a backcountry touring layer. I am wearing my usual size but its meant to fit pretty trim - just enough to go over a baselayer or fleece/lightweight mid.
Great slim fit jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: M
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 170lbs
I felt this was true to size since I assumed this would be a slim fit and don't plan on layering much underneath. I'm usually a spot on Medium for most clothing and a Medium for this jacket is perfect.
I got this jacket for multipitch climbing or biking. It is not a long jacket (ie waist doesn't go down too low) and it also cinches down a bit at the waist. There are no hand pockets, but it won't matter if your harness is covering that area anyways. There are two chest pockets, though. The hood is a tight fit to be worn underneath a helmet. It's light and packable enough to bring on a long route if you want to be prepared for some weather.
Great, lightweight softshell
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: XXL
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 225lbs
This jacket is sweet! Nice and light softshell material that resists the elements from water to wind. Packs down nice and small so that you can throw in the bottom of your pack and not even realize its there.
I will say that this Rab jacket and most Rab products that I have tried on run a little small. I am usually happy in a XL or L, but I sized up in this jacket and I'm sure glad I did as the XXL fits me well.
I did deduct one star from the rating as I would prefer hand pockets like the women's version of this jacket has instead of the chest pockets that come on the men's version. Not a really big deal overall