Select style & size:Select options
Glass wine bottles are often impractical for backpacking, ski touring, or getting a little boozy at your favorite blues concert. Transport your wine inside the packable Platypus PlatyPreserve, and protect its taste at the same time. Pour your favorite wine into this 5.5 inch by 10.5 inch reservoir, squeeze the air out (air ruins flavor), and seal the airtight cap. Now you can enjoy that just-opened taste days, and even weeks later.
- Flexible wine bottle built to trap flavor and preserve taste
- Food grade lining is taste free so you can enjoy your wine
- Durable screw on lid and spout prevent leaks
- Ergonomic shape makes sharing among friends a breeze
- Item #CAS00G4
- Q & A
Perfect for backpacking
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
It fits a bottle of wine with a little room to spare. They weigh nothing, and fold down small. I usually carry one filled with red in my Osprey's stuff pocket in between my camp shoes, usually Sanuks. I have numerous one liter Platy soft water bottles, which I carry in my pack filled to camp, and I have never had one leak or burst.
Better than the original!
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
The original PlatyPreserve was red in color and had images of wine bottles and glasses on the package, suggesting you had something a little adult in the container.
No more! Now you have an "incognito" way to take your wine (or other adult or non-adult beverage) to the beach or part or concert or camping trip or ... where-ever! AWESOME! GET SOME!!
NOTE to Platypus - or Backcountry - package as a 4 pack! I bought the original as a 4 pack (on sale) and they're perfect!
Great for adventures
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
If you don't have a Platypus, you need one. These are perfect for adventures and to not have to carry a bulky water bottle after it's empty. Did you know that you can fit a whole bottle of wine in this? ;-)