Houdini Air Jacket
It's the dilemma that runners have been grappling with since the dawn of time—do you go light on layers and wind up potentially cold and wet on your run, or do you give yourself the adequate protection you need for changing conditions only to end up running in a sauna of your own devices? Instead of choosing between weather-resistance and breathability, throw on the Patagonia Houdini Air Jacket for the perfect balance of each. Finding itself in between the more robust wind-resistance of the Patagonia Houdini jacket and the featherweight breathability of their Airshed pullover, this ultralight running jacket offers air-permeable performance while still giving you enough resistance to wind and rain to not feel the full force of the elements on windy peaks and drizzly mountain roads.
Just like the original Houdini, the Houdini Air is ultralight and packable, able to fit into its own chest pocket and clip onto a running pack or stuff into an oversized pocket. Its updated fabric is softer and more air-permeable, delivering enhanced next-to-skin comfort while letting in cooling airflow that regulates your temperature and eliminates the need to constantly zip and unzip your jacket when you heat up. It's still wind-resistant, and will keep you from feeling the brunt of alpine headwinds, but will now allow in enough air to keep you cool
when you start to really charge up steep mountain trails. Plus, it's got a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) coating that works to shed light rain and ensure that you won't be soaking wet through on and off showers.
- Running jacket that balances breathability and weather resistance
- Softer ripstop fabric allows for cooling airflow when you heat up
- DWR coating beads off moisture from drizzly skies on long runs
- Wind-resistance balances breathable airflow for an ideal climate
- Jacket packs down into its own pocket for convenient pack storage
- Hood adjusts in one pull for full coverage against wind and rain
- Minimal trim in the cuffs and hem keep your fit in place as you run
- Item #PAT02PD