It can be hard to find refuge from the cold on frigid mountaineering missions if you don't pack along the proper gear. Luckily Outdoor Research makes it easy to stay both warm and comfortable in the mountains, even when you're working hard. The OR Refuge Pants feature the warm yet breathable VerticalX insulation, which was made specifically for intensive high-output pursuits in cold conditions. Combined with a breathable fabric treatment, VerticalX works to keep you at an optimal temperature by allowing just the right amount of heat to escape as you push up steep ascents and technical ice climbing routes. It still maintains the right amount of warmth, however; so you won't find yourself lamenting the active insulation when you're taking a rest. Meanwhile, these pants provide a movement-mirroring stretch on technical alpine terrain, have double-separating side zippers for ventilation and convenience, and boast a special rear pocket that doubles as a stuff sack when you're packing up for longer trips and excursions.
- Insulated pants for winter hiking and mountaineering missions
- VerticalX insulation is warm yet breathable for active pursuits
- Water-resistant shell sheds moisture from snow and lighter rain
- Synthetic insulation stays warm when you encounter heavier snows
- Stretchy construction lets you move freely on steep summit pushes
- Rear pocket doubles as a stuff sack for convenient packing
- Separating zips allow for quick ventilation and easy entry
- Drawcord cuffs help seal out cold and snowy weather
- Item #ODR011Z
- polyester ripstop
- VerticalX (polyester)
- 2 hand, 1 zippered back
- Side Zips
- Claimed Weight
- [large] 1lb 0.9oz
- Recommended Use
- hiking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
December 25, 2020
- I've used it several times
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 190 lbs
These are good. They are warm and sturdy. The waist band is comfortable. The pockets are even lined. They do exactly what they are supposed to do in all technical aspects. However, I am not a fan of the material and cut and thickness. The face material is a little cheap. The thickness and filling is a little too warm. The cut is a little baggy and the thickness is weird so I wouldn’t wear them out. They look like snowpants. I also on the proton pants. I live in them. They are lighter and have a better cut. Better material. But no pockets or fly like these. I prefer the proton by a lot. Oh I purchased the large and they are a bit baggy and long. I’m 6ft 190.