Blackpowder II Pant
An athlete favorite, the Outdoor Research Blackpowder II Pant features durable weather protection that's ready for winters spent threading trees and crushing couloirs. It features the breathable, waterproof protection of Pertex Shield, keeping you dry in the pow but comfortable on the bootback, while fully sealed seams lock out every last drop of moisture. The durable face fabric is ready for rough-and-rowdy days on the mountain, while the tricot and taffeta lining offer next-to-skin comfort. Slimmed down and streamlined from previous iterations to reduce excess bulk, articulated knees and a standard fit still leave you free to get after the fresh snow with plenty of vigor.
- Durable shell pants for highly active skiers
- Waterproof, breathable membrane keeps you dry and comfortable
- High denier fabric is ready for a busy winter shredding pow
- Articulated knees provide unrestricted mobility
- Side vents help you dump heat during backcountry tours
- Ankle gaiters keep the snow from creeping up your legs
- Reinforced scuff guard isn't afraid of sharp edges or crampons
- Beacon-ready pocket comes with a clip for secure attachment
- Item #ODR00SG
- Q & A
Versatile, comfortable snow pant!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 130lbs
These pants fit really well and have great features including: power strap loop (my favorite feature), waist band adjustment, thigh vents, and a variety of pockets. I also found that they were versatile enough to keep me cool in the backcountry, but also provide enough of a membrane to keep me toasty on the chairlift. My one improvement would be a bigger beacon pocket to make it more comfortable and easier to access.