Tempest 30L Backpack
It's Friday afternoon and you had a long week at work. A full Saturday or even a quick overnight up in the mountains would do you a world of good, and the Osprey Women's Tempest 30 Backpack is ready for a quick pack-up-and-go. The designers at Osprey molded the Airscape to fit the female torso comfortably, and it acts somewhat like a chimney to ventilate any excess heat so your back isn't a sweaty mess when you reach your campsite.
Biostretch covers the shoulder straps and waist-belt for maximum comfort and breathability while you hike, and the ErgoPull tabs cinch across your waist for an ideal fit. This top-loader fits the supplies you need for a dawn-to-dusk trip or a light overnighter, and you can remove the top lid and use it as a separate bag to stash a point-and-shoot and snacks in it for a quick scramble up to the ridge. The Tempest 30's hydration sleeve is easily accessible for quick refills, side stretch pockets can fit extra water or some snacks for the trip, two zippered pockets at the waist-belt store items you might need on the trail like lip balm or sunscreen, and one front mesh pocket holds your map, a book, or a last-minute item you might want before you head out.
- Technical backpack designed for high-speed weekenders
- Mesh backpanel helps keep you cool and comfortable
- Shoulder harness and hipbelt distribute weight evenly
- Compression straps add stability at speeds
- Hydration compatibility helps keep water close at hand
- Ice axe and trekking pole attachments free up your hands
- Helmet attachment clips your brain bucket
- Osprey packs make backpacks for almost any mountain endeavor
- Item #OSPZ1AL
- 70D x 100D nylon mini shadow check, 210D nylon block dobby
- [x-small/small] 28L (1709cu in), [small/medium] 30L (1831cu in)
- AirScape backpanel
- Shoulder Straps
- BioStretch (mesh-covered foam)
- Waist Belt
- yes, adjustable
- Hydration Compatible
- yes, sleeve for reservoir
- two mesh sides, one mesh front, zippered top
- Gear Loops
- Helmet Carry
- yes, LidLock
- Ice Axe Carry
- Trekking Pole Carry
- [x-small/small] 24 x 11 x 10in, [small/medium] 26 x 11 x 10in
- Claimed Weight
- [x-small/small] 1lb 11.2oz, [small/medium] 1lb 12.8oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
4 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
September 16, 2022
Nice pack, but the fit was too small
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- Womens Large
- 5' 9"
Make sure you measure based on the size chart recommendation (measure from the nape of your neck to a spot on your back, about where your hips are). I thought the womens large would have been big enough for me, but the back was designed pretty small. I ended up going with a different Osprey pack in a mens large.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help