All the comfort, none of the weight.
- Ultralight backpack designed for minimalist two-day trips
- Lightwire suspension with Superultralight Airspeed back panel
- ExoForm harness provides seamless, padded mesh at shoulders and waist
- NanoFly fabric is remarkably light and ruggedly abrasion-resistant
- Top access with hydration reservoir sleeve inside
- Stretchy side pockets, zippered top pocket, and front bellowed pocket for convenient organization
- Item #OSP00AY
- Q & A
I am one with my pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I was given the Osprey Lumina 45L from Backcountry, but this review is my personal opinion. I am 5'2", 120lbs, and athletically built, so I went with a small. After a few adjustments to the hip belt and shoulder straps, the pack fit like a glove. (Actually feels like you have nothing on when its empty.) I'm currently using the pack for long day outings climbing and 2 day trips into the mountains. On climbing days, the pack holds a 60m rope, 12 draws, harness, shoes, chalk, jacket, snacks, water bottle, and essentials with room to spare. The brain is substantial for items that need quick access. Side pockets have a cinching mechanism so that stuff doesnt pop out when boulder hopping. I've actually run with the pack on with about 15 to 20 lbs of gear, and it stayed put on my back and was surprisingly comfortable. The mesh on the back ventilated very well, so much to the point, it has a cooling effect. Pretty rad for a sweaty person like myself. So far the Lumina pack has held up against sharp limestone, granite, and tree limbs and still looks new. One downside is the frame comes a little high in the back, so when you look up, you are stopped when your head hits it. I think this can be mitigated with proper adjustment by releasing the top straps out. As someone who wears out gear quickly, the fabric seems to be very substantial even with the lightweight feels to it. Overall the Osprey Lumina 45L fits well, is comfy, and holds up to my daily activities.
Update: holds up against sharp stone, thick trees, and dirt. Still looks brand new! It is now my favorite multi-use day bag.
All the comfort, none of the weight. Check out this ultra-light pack!