Select style & size:Select options
Spacious stronghold for three.
With its cavernous interior and alpine-worthy design, the MSR Remote 3 4-Season Tent helps you stay comfortable and sane whether you're spending two days or two weeks above treeline. A sturdy central support frame and nearly unbreakable Easton Syclone poles ensure it can handle heavy snow loads and raging ridgeline winds. Meanwhile, the large floor plan accommodates three climbers saddled with bulky mountaineering gear and helps fend off cabin fever when you're hunkered down during a multi-day storm. Plus, the spacious vestibule holds all the gear you need for climbing, skiing, and mountaineering missions.
- Four-season refuge that withstands harshest winter conditions
- Designed to handle fierce summit winds and heavy snow loads
- Large floor plan accommodates campers in bulky winter gear
- Easton Syclone poles are nearly indestructible
- DuraShield-coated fabrics keep moisture sealed out
- Reinforced guyout points provide reliable tension
- Snow flaps seal out spindrift
- Color-coded pole clips for easy setup in any conditions
- Item #CAS00A5
- Q & A
A True All-Elements Shelter
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I received the MSR Remote 3 tent a few weeks ago, and couldn't wait to test it out. I've been winter camping for years, but only ever in a 3-season tent; I was stoked to finally have proper snow, rain, and wind protection with the MSR Remote.
For its first test, I took the MSR to Mt. Washington; while our base camp didn't have more than a dusting of snow, the winds were at 40mph through the night-- this tent didn't budge one bit, and we slept soundly all night long.
Two days later, I took the tent up Mt. Mansfield (VT's highest peak), and set it up near the summit for a mid-morning coffee break. The winds were fast, the snow was heavy, and the temps were LOW-- the Remote made us feel like we were in a lodge or lean-to. We had full protection from the elements, and even warmed up quite a bit while inside of it.
I am blown away (no pun intended!) by the Remote's durability, ease of setup, and resilience.
I would recommend this tent to anybody looking for some SERIOUS 4-season shelter.