Approved for deep days.
Getting pummeled by a snow storm is always a good problem to have, but if you need help with the fallout, consider the Marmot Women's Spire Bib Pants. Offering more protection than you'll at first know what to do with, the Spires are serious bibs that combine fully taped seams with a three-layer Gore Tex shell that is pretty much impervious to snow, sleet, and wind. The full-length, water-resistant side zips make ventilation during long backcountry tours easy, and they even incorporate internal gaiters just in case some fluffy pow tries and sneak through the bottom when you're riding through your favorite powder stash or taking a turn breaking trail somewhere deep in the backcountry.
- Storm day-ready bibs designed for committed powderhounds
- Breathable Gore-Tex shell walls out snow, sleet, and wind
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping through pants
- Full-length side zips let body heat escape on the skintrack
- Cordura scuff guard protects fabric from sharp ski edges
- Internal gaiters form a snowtight-seal around boots
- Hand pockets hold glove liners, snacks, and lip balm
- Item #MAR014V
- Q & A
There's "snow" other pants for me...
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'4"
- Weight: 128lbs
Big, bulky snow pants say "buh-bye". The Marmot Spire Bibs are incredible. Not only are these a 3 layer Gore-Tex fabric, they also are easy to move in. Most other bibs, I've found to be either too big in the bottoms or too tight in the waist, but these fit just right. They fit a light base layer underneath, and keep out winds and snow. The top of the bib hits about 3-4 inches above my hip bone and allows me to layer both underneath as well as overtop with no bulk. My favorite part about these bibs? The lower back is cinched in with ruching which proves that ladies still have a shape even in a snow bib. Well done Marmot.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 130lbs
Love the way these fit, I usually wear a size 6, and I am very tall (long legs) so I went with the Medium size to accommodate my height, as well as putting thick base-layers underneath for resort days. Use this touring in the backcountry, as well as in-bounds. Love the dual toned blue color option, has good visibility in white-out conditions in the backcountry.