Why We Like The Courmayeur SO Pant
Technical hiking trails and mountaineering expeditions demand proper apparel for efficient mountain travel, which is why we choose the Couramayeur SO Pant for our high alpine pursuits. We count on the Schoeller softshell material for its wind and water-resistance, and also for its breathability. These performance pants are perfect for high-output activities and they balance weather protection with supreme breathability in a way that only softshell pants can do.
- Softshell pants suited for hiking and mountaineering in mixed weather
- DWR treatment sheds water from rain without sacrificing breathability
- Harness-compatible pocket layout keeps your essentials accessible
- Adjustable waist ensures the perfect fit regardless of underlayers
- Stowable attachment hook fits seamlessly with mountaineering boots
- Athletic fit offers room for mobility and stays out of the way
- Snap adjustable length supplies versatility with various boots
- Item runs small, so we recommend sizing up for best fit
- Item #MAMU5AL
- [face fabric] 90% nylon, 10% spandex, DWR finish, [lining] 94% polyester, 6% spandex
- not sealed
- [size 46] 32in
- Leg Opening
- 2 zippered front, 1 zippered leg, 1 zippered back
- Side Zips
- snap adjustable
- stowable attachment hook
- Claimed Weight
- backpacking, bouldering, canyoneering, mountaineering, sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 26, 2023
Fantastic climbing pants
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 30/ reg
- 5' 6"
I bought these on a whim, some guy on the proj said they held up to a fair amount of offwidth abuse so I figured I’d give em a shot, and man am I glad I made that call! Sizing seems perfect for me, I bought a 30 reg and they fit like I’d expect em to. The hips have a built in tensioning system that uses Velcro, but not like cheap 90s Velcro, more like space age Swiss sexy Velcro. The ankles have nice snap clips so you can snug em up if you’re jamming your feet in cracks. I’ve used them climbing in the PNW on chilly days and in some poor weather conditions, they’ve always kept me warm and dry. I did a few days of bolting in them and they held up very well to that abuse. I even rocked em on an ice climbing trip and they seem to perform exceptionally well in the cold and wet conditions, honestly they never soaked thru even after hours out in the elements. These are an all around great pant and active layer for adventures in the mountains, they also make a great travel pant as they look good in the city and stay deceptively clean looking even after being abused in the backcountry. I plan on buying a few more pairs to have color options. Yes, you should buy them.
March 12, 2021
Weird sizing for me.
- I returned this product before using it
- Size Bought:
- 5' 10"
I Normally wear a 33x32. I couldn?t find a size of this pant that worked. The 34 waist size for my waist fine but was so tight in the crotch area that I felt like an 80s hair band rock star with tights on. The next size up was too loose in the waist. Otherwise I would have loved these pants. If they fit you in the crotch these are great. Had to return both sizes I ordered.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help