Why We Like The Barryvox Beacon
We backcountry skiers and splitboarders should know beacons like we know the back of our gloves, so Mammut designed the Barryvox Beacon with an incredibly intuitive design so we can master it quickly. It features a single switch, single button, and separate flagging button for simple, reliable handling that we got the hang of after a few beacon drills. With a triple antenna, the Barrvox boasts an impressive 70-meter digital range that's just as large as most top-end beacons out there.
The Barryvox shows distance, direction, and number of burial victims in an easy-to-see, goggle-friendly display. In search mode, the Barryvox automatically switches back into send mode if the beacon's been still for four seconds, just in case we get in an accident while looking for a victim. Mammut included alkaline batteries and a carry case that keeps the beacon close to your chest.
- Intuitive beacon for backcountry skiers and splitboarders
- Triple antenna boasts an extended 70-meter digital range
- Easy-to-see display shows distance, direction, and victim number
- Auto switch from search to send after not moving for four minutes
- Group and self tests with clear instructions
- Item #MAM00XO
- Digital Range
- Batteries Included
- 3 AAA
- Battery Life
- [alkaline] 300 hours in send mode
- Harness Included
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 year
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
January 17, 2022
Easy to use and comfortable
- I've used it several times
This beacon is intuitive. Its easy to use, feels comfortable on the body and you forget you have it on.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
October 30, 2020