Why We Like The Mammut Alpine Chalk Bag
From multi-pitch snacking to snapping pics at the chains, the Mammut Alpine Chalk Bag carries the necessities. The shape-retaining opening makes it easy for our fingers to take a dip, while the 3 secure pockets stow our phone and fuel. In case the wind picks up, the bottom bungee has an extra layer stashed for us.
- Storage-packed chalk bag for your long routes
- Performance material is lightweight and hardwearing
- Double belt closure to protect against accidental opening
- Fleece lining for an even application and minimal clouding
- 2 zippered pockets secure your phone and keys
- Mesh pocket stashes your snack
- Item #MAMU5B0
- Responsible Collection
- [face fabric] 100% nylon, [lining] recycled polyester fleece
- chalk bag
- 2 zippered, 1 mesh
- Brush Holder
- [length of back] 7in, [width] 6in, [top] 5in, [diameter of bottom] 3in
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 2 year
4 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 2, 2023
Great Design, But Strap Loosens
- I've put it through the wringer
I love this chalkbag - so many pockets and features! It's amazing how many snacks I can pack into the outside pocket, and the inside pocket always holds a little knife and lighter. Sunglasses in the stretchy side pocket, and a layer and/or hat secured to the bottom. Just remember, the more you pack in, the smaller the chalkbag opening becomes, but it's not too bad. I've been glad to have the double-closure buckle a few times, usually when I go to unclip the hip strap on my backpack on a climb... oops wrong buckle, whew. The one downside is the fact that the webbing strap is slippery enough to loosen while climbing. I will be replacing it with an adjustable loop of 6mm cord (probably a good idea anyway, for security and emergency purposes), which renders the safety buckle useless. If this strap material was changed to fix this issue, it would get 5 stars from me.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help