Select a Size
Select a Color
Trango Tech GTX Mountaineering Boot
The La Sportiva Trango Tech GTX Mountaineering Boot bridges the gap between backpacking and mountaineering for a boot that can confidently tackle all types of terrain. Its low profile sole and midsole allow technical footwork and edging capability when climbing easier graded routes while offering semi-automatic crampon compatibility for glacier travel. The waterproof uppers and Gore-Tex membrane keep your feet dry and protected across mountainous terrain and the gusset free tongue construction increases comfort for long miles on the trail. Additionally, the Trango features a 3D Flex system that promotes precise support on rough terrain and a to-the-toe lacing system that delivers a precise fit for enhanced control that's appreciated whether you're climbing a new route or traversing technical terrain.
- Boot that bridges the gap between backpacking and mountaineering
- Gore-Tex membrane blocks moisture and allows vapor to escape
- Gusset free tongue increases comfort during long periods of wear
- 3D Flex system offers precise support across rough terrain types
- Low profile midsole and outsole enable technical foot work
- Vibram CUBE soles offer edging capability and enhanced traction
- Impact Brake System makes strenuous descents more comfortable
- To-the-toe lacing system offers a precise fit for enhanced control
- Item #LSP00JI
- Upper Material
- QB3 waterproof fabric, Thermo-Tech injection coating
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort
- 4mm PPE
- PU, TPU crampon insert
- Vibram CUBE, Impact Brake System
- single boot
- Crampon Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 5.8oz
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
October 4, 2020
So far so good
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 6"
- 160 lbs
Bought these for anything where the Nepal Evo (or similar mountaineering boot) is not necessary. Aside from about 20 minutes on a class 1 hiking trail, wore these for the first time on Capitol Peak in Colorado (17 miles, 5,000+ feet vert and lots of heads up class 4). They are comfortable, and right out of the box performed extremely well everywhere from the fast paced approach to technical edging where it really counts. The break in period is minimal, however even though I didn't have to use moleskin/tape, I recommend at least having some with you if you're doing a long outing the first time using these.. Based on first impressions I strongly recommend this boot. Regarding sizing, my climbing shoe size is 41.5, and bought these in a 42. I was wearing a moderately thick wool sock and the fit is pretty good. It's on the roomier side, however a 41.5 with this thick a sock would be too tight. If you are not planning on wearing a thicker sock and will not be using them in cold temps, you will probably be ok sticking with your true climbing shoe size.
May 8, 2020
La Sportiva product video
The new La Sportiva Trango Tech GTX is a lightweight and flexible boot particularly suitable for alpine hiking, technical approach routes and as work shoes for mountain guides and rescuers.
Brad Barlage - Ascension Sales