Stability for the aggression.
Sometimes the trail is flatter and softer than asphalt; most of the time, that's not the case at all. The Men's Akyra Trail Running Shoe handles more aggressive trails than most of La Sportiva's trail runners. Its Frixion sole's larger lugs grip off-trail conditions and even some snowy terrain better than the competition, and its Trail Rocker profile includes a springy 9mm drop to help you tackle steeper sections vigorously. The origami-like upper sports breathable, cushy air mesh enveloped in a MicroLite exoskeleton that enhances the shoe's supportive fit. It also has Flex-Guard inserts to increase flexibility to the point you might feel like you were in road runners.
- Stable trail runner suitable for aggressive terrain
- Breathable air mesh upper wrapped in a supportive exoskeleton
- 9mm drop initiates a powerful toe-off for a boost of speed
- Shock absorbing midsole made of cushy, dual-layer EVA
- Trail Rocker sole includes an Impact Brake System for increased traction
- Item #LSP00DR
- Q & A
too much for my needs
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Height: 0'0"
- Weight: 0lbs
I've ran in wildcats and mutants and decided to try these out, but the sole is a bit too much for the trails I end up running. Fantastic La Sportiva quality and a great product all around.