Kryptonite Evolution Mini-9 U-Lock - Double Deadbolt
Select style & size:Select options
Lock it up like you mean it.
Built to resist bolt cutters and leverage attacks, the Kryptonite Evolution Mini-9 U-Lock-Double Deadbolt employs a Max-Performance steel shackle and reinforced Cuff Over Crossbar to prevent your bike from disappearing on you. The disc-style cylinder delivers high-security protection that is both pick- and drill-resistant, while the Bent Foot shackle makes for quick and easy use when time is of the essence. Kryptonite gave it Anti-Rattle Bumpers to reduce noise during transport, and the protective vinyl coating reduces the chance of you scratching your frame's paint job.
- Tough, highly secure U-Lock bike lock for commuters
- Hardened Max-Performance steel resists hand tools
- Cuff Over Crossbar and cylinder are immune to drills and picks
- Anti-Rattle bumpers reduce noise during the ride
- Vinyl coating defends your frame from scratches
- Includes three stainless steel keys, one of which is lighted
- Item #KRY002F
- Q & A
strong & secure, but bulky and awkward
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
this is an excellent bike lock in that it is solid & secure, is long enough to lock around tire, frame, & bike rack, and seems durable/long-lasting. however, i primarily use my bike lock while working as a bike courier, which means locking/unlocking my bike 30+ times a day and lugging my lock around strapped to my messbag while riding - for this purpose, I found the lock to be heavy & bulky, fumbly and awkward for getting the key in the hold & turned properly, and the placement of the keyhole awkward for quick locking/unlocking; that being said, when my bike is locked up for more than a few minutes outside of my sight, i feel secure in its safety with this lock around it.