Select Style & Size
Why We Like The Maximus Centurion Personal Flotation Device
The Maximus Centurion Personal Flotation Device offers more storage than Kokatat's Maximus line without hindering mobility. The Dynamic Suspension System places neoprene at the shoulders for freedom of movement, and the Cordura shell stays strong while Gaia PVC-free foam provides best-in-class flotation. Adjustments at the center front and sides offer a secure, customized, and completely comfortable fit.
The Maximus Centurion also features a full rescue harness with a quick release belt and tow tether attachements. Kokatat hid the river tow tether between two foam panels to eliminate snagging. We can attach a river tow tether or touring tow tether to the side belt near the quick release buckle. The belly pocket has three organizers, one dedicated for a VHF radio, and the duplex pocket is large enough to store carabiners, pulleys, webbing, and a med kit. There's also a knife garage that eliminates snagging on re-entry.
- Type V PFD designed for whitewater and swift water rescue
- Dynamic Suspension System ensures freedom of movement
- Cordura fabrication offers long-term durability
- Stretch mesh sleeve for River Tow Tether or cow tail
- Side entry with quick-release chest harness and O-ring
- Large chest pockets and detachable Belly Pocket give versatile storage
- Item #KOK001K
- USCG Approved
- type V
- Flotation / Buoyancy
- [x-small/small] 16lb 5 oz, [medium/large] 17lb 5 oz, [x-large/xx-large] 18lb
- Tow Compatibility
- stretch mesh sleeve
- side entry
- 1 large front
- Claimed Weight
- [x-small] 3lb 6oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- paddling, kayaking
What do you think about this product?
April 7, 2021
Great PFD unless..
I love this PFD but why such big gaps between sizes? M/L goes up to a 46" chest and the XL/XXL picks up at 49" Unfortunately I fall right in the middle.
November 15, 2019
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The PFD did it's job, fortunately I didn't have to really put it to the test. Adjusted well and securely. Decent sized front pocket. I found the side entry to be clumsy, but I got used to it after awhile.
February 3, 2017
Really good pfd
Does everything pretty great. Not sure if i am fan of the side entry. Only reason i didnt give it 5 stars. More of a preference than a functional concern.