Why We Like The Icebug Pytho5 BUGrip Running Shoe
Lightweight and supportive for off-camber trails, rocks, and roots, the Pytho5 BUGrip shoes make a delightful partner for runs along the forest floors and high alpine deserts alike. That’s because they pack in torsional rigidity that adds stability to our step, and a roomy protective toebox that keeps us shielded.
- Reliable and light kicks that keep you going on the trail
- Fully recycled PET uppers resist water and let your feet breathe
- Carbide studs elevate grip on slick, loose, and icy surfaces
- Lightweight EVA midsole with BLOOM Algae cushions, returns energy
- 9mm drop keeps you moving towards the finish line
- TPU stabilizer in midsole provides torsional rigidity, stability
- Item #IBGA019
- Responsible Collection
- Bluesign Approved, Recycled/Repurposed
- Upper Material
- 100% recycled polyester, TPU
- recycled polyester
- Ortholite Hybrid (recycled polyester)
- EVA (20% BLOOM algae-based)
- rubber, BUGrip carbide
- Claimed Weight
- [single] 11.3oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 30 days
- trail running
5 based on 1 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
November 30, 2023
Great for Winter
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Size Bought:
#BackcountryGearhead Used these in winter up in the Blue Ridge Mountains to day hike after a cold weather storm. There was ice patches and snow at higher elevations and the grip actually does dig in and prevent any kind of slipping. They also have good support and cushioning. I recommend wearing thicker socks as the shoes don't have a lot of interior padding and I could see thin running socks possibly being uncomfortable. Size 11.5 worked perfectly and that is what I wear in Altras and Nike.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help