Army Leather Patrol Gauntlet Mitten
When the mountains are coated in deep, beautiful powder, or you just want a reliable glove for the mountain, look no further than the Hestra Army Leather Patrol Gauntlet Mitten to keep you hands warm and comfortable while you shred. The longer length combined with its windproof, water-resistant fabric keeps your hands protected from the elements while its G-Loft insulated liner provides warmth. This liner can be removed for easy washing and drying as well after long days on the slopes. The elastic around the wrist and the pull strap with hook-and-loop closure create a seal around your hand and over your shell to keep all that fresh powder from sneaking in and making your hands cold.
- Warm, durable mitten for comfort and reliability when skiing powder
- Windproof, water-resistant fabric protects hands from the elements
- Synthetic insulated liner is removable for easy washing and drying
- G-Loft insulation provides warmth even through wet conditions
- Army goat leather palm delivers grip and increases durability
- Elastic around the wrist creates a snug fit to keep warmth in
- Longer length offers more coverage for protection in deep powder
- Pull strap with hook-and-loop closure secures mittens around shell
- Item #HES006P
- [shell] 97% polyester, 3% elastane, [palm] army goat leather
- G-Loft (100% polyester)
- Removable Liner
- Bemberg (100% polyester)
- pull strap with hook-and-loop
- Palm Grip
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
What do you think about this product?
February 5, 2021
Like Giving Your Hands a Hug
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 9"
- 185 lbs
Let’s be honest skiing with mittens on not only makes you way cooler but helps keep your fingers toasty better than gloves. These things nail it. The long cuff keeps any snow from getting into your gloves, the wrist straps save your life when you drop them on the lift, and they’re super waterproof and warm.
March 18, 2019
Thought it'd work...
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have owned four pairs of Hestra gloves/mittens over the years. Decided to go for a long cuff/powder mitten this time around. I used the Patrol Gauntlet Mittens for one day in Colorado in snowy weather and opted to use my back-up pair for the remainder of the trip. Those gloves, the Hestra Guide Glove, have been awesome for almost a decade now (time for new liners though). So, I was rather surprised when the Gauntlet Mitten didn't live up to the challenge. The fit was poor which meant my hand were cold and the "weatherproofness" was not adequate even with applications of the Hestra balm, I had wet hands by lunch break.
February 1, 2019
- I've used it several times
If you ever have cold fingers you definitely need to switch to a mitten. But not all mittens are made equal and this one ensures that your little fingers will never be cold again. I know people who have poor circulation or have had frostbite who have used these mittens and say that they are the prescription for cold fingers.
March 10, 2019
How would you say this compares to the 'Hestra Army Leather Extreme Mitten' in terms of warmth, water-resistance, durability, features ?