The innovative G3 Rutschblock cord performs far better than the traditional knotted rope, revealing snow profiles with minimal effort. The lightweight cable is virtually indestructible and the low profile swage springs slice through snow and ice with minimal probe wear. Large loop handles can be used with gloves or mittens, and the bright red cable can be bull whipped for traveling in whiteout conditions.
- Greet powder mornings by cutting off a cornice with this bad boy
- Coated stainless steel cord with notches for cutting through ice
- Large handles are glove-friendly
- This is a tool for snow analysis, not a toy
- Item #GGGW196
- coated stainless steel
- 18ft 10in
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 1 year
4 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 15, 2021
Tool for One Job
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Upgraded to this after using some 2mm accessory cord (which didn't work so well since it was too thick). This cord definitely does the job for clean and isolated ECT - however, being that it is wire - it is less versatile than other cords for the same jobs. Just something to consider!
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help