Select style & size:Select options
Bruce worked out.
- Steel locking carabiner is beefier and longer lasting
- Screw lock gate is simple and secure
- Keylock nose eases unclipping and cleaning
- Spring bar holds belay device in place to prevent cross-loading
- Item #ELR004D
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The Spring bar is pretty darn weak on this. It seemed stiff enough out of the packaging but after climbing on it a few times it's not holding up.
I like the concept and the fact that the carabiner is a steel biner but the spring bar is of poor quality.
The BEST belay carabiner
This thing is solid, no wear shown at all after a year of non stop use. Iâm at the gym at least 5 times a week. The screw gate barrel still spins nice and smooth too. Very snappy gate spring makes it feel safer too. I canât say anything bad about this biner. Get the Jul 2 also, thatâs my preferred belay device to use with it.