Alpha VW Sport Quickdraw
Bolt hangers can wreck havoc on lightweight wire-gate draws, especially if you're regularly whipping off a project and hang-dogging through sequences. To address the issue, DMM fitted its featherlight Alpha biners with hot-forged solid gates to make the Alpha VW Sport Quickdraw. The combination of durability, easy handling, effortless clipping, and a relatively low weight make this draw the perfect choice for sport climbers who expect their gear to work as hard as they do.
- Alpha biners feature a grippy groove pattern and a bent backbone for easy handling and effortless clipping
- Burly solid gate design on the bolt end stands up to the abuse inflicted by bolt hangers
- Hot-forged bent gate on rope end makes for quick and easy clipping
- Clean nose profile reduces snags for easier clipping and cleaning
- I-beam construction allows for low weight and high strength
- Variable width nylon sling keeps the biners properly aligned
- Item #DMM3253
- Sling Length
- 12 cm, 18 cm, 25 cm
- Claimed Weight
- [12cm] 3.6oz, [18cm] 3.8oz, [25cm] 4.02oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
5 based on 1 ratings
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 12, 2020
Yes, they clip as good as they look.
- I've used it several times
I'll quote my climbing partner's reaction to the first round of using these lil' dudes, "They're like the sports car of quickdraws." I have had such good experiences with DMM biners that I sprung for a dozen of these when it was time to freshen the sport rack. Crazy smooth clipping and unclipping on both the gear and rope end. They seem burly and I suspect they will pass the test of time. The gear end of the dogbone has a nice play to it, good for clipping bolts or cams. They probably won't be coming into the backcountry with me, but for any cragging a few of these will be on the gear sling.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help
Cancer - P65Warnings.ca.gov