Travis Rice Boa Snowboard Boot
As its name clearly implies, the DC Travis Rice Boa Snowboard Boot is equipped with next-level tech that's ready for sending 100-foot jumps and charging straight down spines with precision and confidence. When falling is not an option, you need scalpel-like precision, so DC hooked this boot up with a stiff flex that offers incredible response and dynamic power transfer. It also offers plenty of support for going huge in the backcountry or the terrain park.
New for 2021, Travis wanted to make things warmer so DC outfitted these boots with toasty 3M Thinsulate insulation. Aerotech ventilation in the high-performance Black liner allows cooling airflow and lets moisture escape when you're hiking a backcountry booter or hot-lapping on a powder day at the resort. An asymmetrical design reduces the overall footprint of the Asymmetrical Anti-Drag outsole to reduce heel- and toe-drag, which translates to catch-free descents on steep terrain. Unilite keeps the sole lightweight and cushy, while rubber panels ensure durability and traction where you need it most.
- Full-featured pro model boot of Jackson legend, Travis Rice
- Stiff flex for aggressive support and response in gnarly terrain
- Boa Focus with H4 Coiler Reel provides an exact fit in seconds
- Black liner provides an unrivaled fit with all-season support
- Liner has ventilated tech for breathable, moisture-wicking comfort
- Recycled EVA foam insole stabilizes and absorbs impact
- Asymmetrical Anti-Drag outsole eliminates toe drag or catch
- 3M Thinsulate brings warm comfort to frigid riding conditions
- Item #DCSZ97X
- Upper Material
- SuperFabric, Stormproof StormFlap
- Boa Focus Closure system with H4 Coiler Reel
- Black Aerotech, [insulation] 3M Thinsulate
- Thermo-moldable Liner
- Liner Closure
- Power Strap
- stiff (9 out of 10 on DC's scale)
- asymmetrical ANTI DRAG
- Sole Re-Purpose (100% recycled EVA), TPU-molded arch support
- Claimed Weight
- [pair, size 8.5] 4lb 12oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain snowboarding, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
February 20, 2021
2020 travis rice boot
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 185 lbs
so I actually ordered the Brown 2021 travis rice boot, even says 2021 brown travis rice boot on the box with a little picture of the brown boot. the same on as advertised on the website. somehow was sent the 2020 black boot, which is Not offered on this site..hmmm. found out there the 2020/21 boots are the same, except for colors. DC get rid of the annoying velcro strap, with the lace system and boa..no need, just gets in the way, also, very disappointing cheap piece of plastic lace lock, and last, the stiff tongue of this boot was cut too short for the design..on toe edge bends and flexing, it has nowhere to go ,but straight into the bridge of the foot..after a couple days of walking around its a little better but not sure if its going to ever go away..could end up being a painful and costly mistake on the MTN. this happens to be the number 1 complaint on this boot on all reviews everywhere, that I have noticed..asside from that, they are so damn comfortable, and warm I could chill in these boots all day if i was just lounging..true to size, perfect for anyone with a wide foot , and they seem incredibly durable. DC just needs to fix the tongue design. due to the mistake in shipping me the wrong pair and the pressure point..I have not decided if i will keep these or return them..probably walk around a few days in them and see if the tongue problem works itself out..Customer Service from Backcountry was great as usual..they did the only thing that could be done, and sent me a fee return label.