When other hikers start turning back, you keep going strong in comfort with the help of the Darn Tough Mountaineering Over-The-Calf Extra Cushion Sock. This sock features a heavyweight merino wool blend and thick cushioning to help you laugh in the face of icy winds, sideways sleet, and treacherous terrain.
Unlike other socks built for extreme weather, this one features Darn Tough's streamlined performance fit so it still fits comfortably in your boot. Merino wool regulates temperature to maintain comfort from the trailhead to the peak, nylon adds durability, and Lycra maintains stretch and recovery so the fit doesn't fade over time. This sock also features Darn Tough's thickest, highest-density cushioning to ease impacts from rugged terrain and ease the burden of fully-loaded packs.
- Heavyweight wool sock for the coldest, wettest conditions
- Merino wool naturally regulates temperature and resists odor
- Nylon and Lycra added for durability and stretch
- Extra cushion for rugged terrain and heavy packs
- Performance fit for no slipping, bunching, or blisters
- Proudly made in Vermont, USA
- Item #DRN008C
- Q & A
Excellent Large Sock
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Darn Tough Socks are the only sock that I have found to fit my size 18 foot (XXL size) without feeling like my toes are compressed or that I am stretching the sock out every time I wear them. This "over the calf" sock is really that tall. Even with my 38" inseam these socks come up to the base of my knee. So far so good as far as wear goes, while I haven't had them for very long the quality is top notch and even if I do wear them out with the lifetime warranty I will only have to buy the socks once.